Monday, April 13, 2009

Why can't 2:30 AM just be enough?

So.. I left work Saturday with high expectations.
Yes, KimberLee was supposed to bring me lunch at work and forgot because she got busy. But I went to see Dad, Shar and the kids for an Easter dinner so I didn't let anything get me down.
Shar made twice-cooked pork. My favorite food ever. I ate like 10 times as much as i should, but she assured me it was part of a well balanced diet! We watched TV and played, but I got sick to my stomach so we went home around 8pm.

Ryan had plans to go out. I told him we should just stay in but of course he can't ever do that. He went out to the Hotel or something. I'm sure it was a blast. I played Call of Duty 4 online til about 1am then went to sleep. About 2:30 I heard Ryan and his friends come home. They were quiet so I just kept sleeping.

Got up at 6:45 to make my mad dash to the office for my Sunday swap shift. I go to grab my keys and they're gone. I start looking around and finally go to open Ryan's door.. which is locked. I knock on it, expecting him to have a girl in there. His friend Kerry opened the door. The room smelled like 6 years of buttsex. I asked where Ryan was and he said he had went to hang with some girls and hadn't come home. Worse than that.. he had Kerry's mom's car.
Ya.. Not my car, not Kerry's car.. Kerry's mom's car. Ryan was supposed to be back by 4 and hadn't shown up. He wasn't answering calls or returning texts. For some reason he had both sets of keys to my car with him as well, so I couldn't go to work.
I called in to Dan, the weekend manager, and let him know that I'd have to work from home til I found Ryan. I called the girls Ryan was with and they said he left at 4.

Long story short, he got tired and pulled over in a gas station to sleep. The owner called the cops who arrested him for a DUI. He wasn't driving, or under the influence of anything.. but he got a DUI.
He passed the field test, the breathalyzer.. but refused a blood test for some reason. Dunno why. He's a fucking idiot. They impounded the car and took him to jail.
I finally heard from him about 11:30. I spent all day yesterday running around, meeting dudes in K-Mart parking lots to give away money to get his ass out of jail. If he hadn't had my car keys I would have left him there.

About 800 bucks later, we finally have the car out. I guess there's some law if you get a DUI you have to pay 330 bucks to the fucking DMV. I sure hope we can get some of that money back when he gets the charges dropped. Any legal advice would be appreciated.
I know he wasn't drinking. I know he just went to have fun.. but why can't staying out til 2:30 be enough? I swear, if anything bad can happen it will to that dumbass. He always has the best of intentions too.

Didn't really need this stress, or the extra financial burden. I've pretty much tapped out every resource I have to scrape up money for his ass. I gave him an ultimatum of Thursday 2359 to get me a plan on how he's going to get his shit together, or he's out at the end of the month. Hopefully it'll fix things for a while.

Leona texted me again today. She invited me to the Jazz-Clippers game tonight but I couldn't go due to work. She's a cool chick, we've been friends off and on for about 15 years. Dating her would just be a change of gears.. not starting from ground zero. I may see what's up.

Ran for 45 minutes today. got 4.75 miles in. I could have pushed it to the 5 miles but I had to get back upstairs to bid on freight. New Mock Draft coming out this week, probably tomorrow. I hope to get 3 in before the draft. I'd love to post any Guest Mock Drafts that you guys want to take a shot at as well. Just email them to me.

1 comment:

Voice said...

Good work on the running. I can't 5 miles without chasing a ball. Good for you!