
By this math.. Utah should be the National Champion. I'd really like a playoff so we could settle it on the field, because according to this chart there's no reason I can't drive 20 minutes to see the Sears Trophy. I'd say this chart is as wildly inaccurate of a predictor as the BCS is, so why not use it?
Where to begin..
Bowls are over. Yes I'm happy that Florida won, but I expected it. It's not like some big fucking miracle that I will tell my children where I was when it happened. We're used to winning. We're winners. We don't get one lucky season every 4-5 and then act like we belong.
More importantly, I went 23-11 in bowls. Not horrible. I picked Texas to win and cover but they didn't. Heads up I was 24-10. I'll take it.
I'm assuming by the lack of phone calls asking me to come save her.. April got married last night. Haven't heard from anyone to confirm it. I'm expecting similar news today when Kayla gets married. The chorus from one of my favorite songs describes exactly how I feel about the whole thing:
If it's no ones fault,
There's just no one to blame and nothing to say.
This time it's no ones fault.
So there's nothing to save and no one to hate.
But I want to so bad.
Believe me.
Thursday night I went out to Lumpy's to watch the game. Was joined by a variable Who's-Who of people I don't want to stab. Will, P-Volk, Kim, the Tronruds, Jersey, and most importantly... Panface.
Game was pretty boring. I still haven't taken the time to break down every second of it but I plan on doing that this weekend. Panface is my dream girl. She brought me out Orange and Blue markers so I could write on the table. Of course I was drunk and angry so I wrote about buttsex way too much. Probably lost points there.
After the game, I went to Liquid Joe's for Metal Shop. They used to be called Metal Gods but I'm guessing they got sued. LOL. Anyways I'm there in my Percy Harvin Jersey and every Ute Fan in the place was trying to fight me. I really didn't want to be there anyways.. so at about 12:30 I decided to punch this little skater dude in the face and get kicked out.
In my defense, he was being a little bitch and pushing people. The bouncers were cool about it and didn't beat my ass, they just drug me out.
Friday night was lame. On quite possibly the worst day of my life.. I couldn't find anyone who wanted to do anything fun. Went to some sushi place in West Jordan then I ended up going to Club Vegas to watch horrible live bands to support Rafe. Luckily Jeff was with me and we bounced before I had to punch someone else.
Today should be pretty laid back. Washing laundry and cleaning house a bit. Going to Lumpy's this afternoon to watch playoffs and thenThe Spazmatics. This isn't the real Spazmatics. It's some shitty poser group pretending to be a famous cover band. I'm surprised they haven't been sued yet.
Sunday should be chill as well, going up to Dad's for some food.
Love ya, mean it.
4 comments:
So let me be the first Ute fan in all the land to say WE DON'T DESERVE A NATIONAL TITLE. I don't care who you are but we are not the best team in the nation. There isn't one person on the Utah TEAM or STAFF that thought for one second the Sugar Bowl would go down the way it did. That being said EVERY team deserves to know they have a shot at the national championship not just the 66 teams in the BIG 6.
The Utes had a great season and when we can put them back to back then we can run our mouths but until then let's enjoy the 4 million take home and get the recruits and move on. Shut up with your damn parades and "we're number one" talk. We aren't we are number two and if you ask me that is pretty damn good.
I digress. We had a decent schedule and beat everyone in front of us. We got a major bowl and won. We can't AFTER THE FACT claim national champions because we won a game we weren't supposed to, especially when our own fan base didn't think we could.
I am excited for the future of the program but don't think for a second we are the national champion.
AP Poll , BCS, Blah, blah.
In a playoff, the Utes would not have been #2.
Next time you want to wear Gator's clothes to a bar, I want to wear them with you.
I can't believe that you wasted a good punch on a skater.
LOL Come up.
no good punch is ever wasted. I felt his face give in. Doesn't matter who I was hitting.. it was a good feeling. After what I've been going through.. He was a welcome target for some rage.
I'm not a big layout guy, dude. Have you seen my layout? :P Trust me, if I was I would definitely help, especially if there is food involved.
Post a Comment