Saturday, January 31, 2009

There be no shelter here..

The Frontline is Everywhere.

Many of you will recognize this lyric. It's from a great Rage Against the Machine song from my youth.

Last night as I was getting ready to go out.. I heard it. It made me think about how many things I take for granted, and how people in my life have done amazing things when the odds were against them.

My mom is the first person I think of. At 24 she was single with 3 kids. She could have easily rolled over and given up. She could have lived on welfare or ran to another man who wouldn't have treated her or us well. She didn't. She just kept working hard and she prevailed.

I've got a million other examples. The point I'm trying to make is.. I'm not going to take another day and not use it to the best of my ability. Sometimes I'm over the top aggressive already.. but I plan on stepping that up a notch and squeezing that "extra yard" out on every play.

Watch out world.

No comments: