Saturday, January 3, 2009

BCS Fallout Boy

First, Congratulations.. and check this out:


K.. so Fuck the Utes.

Seriously. Stop talking about it. The Utes couldn't touch USC, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, or many other teams, or survive a season in the Big 12 or SEC. I do think they could have won the big 10, ACC, or Big East though.

I've never been a big Bama guy, but I definitely didn't think that the Utes could take them. Yes, I'm aware that the SEC is down this year. But bowl games really don't matter unless it's a title game. No one cares who won the fucking Emerald Bowl. Do you think Arizona players will get rings made to commemorate their Vegas Bowl championship?

No.

But Utah.. Utah fan will cling to this forever. Just like Jazz fan clings to their title runs and Bills fan will never forget the early 90s.
I get it. You lose for so long and have no tradition of winning, so you don't know what else to do.
I've got some advice: Act like you've been there before.. Fake it til you make it.

If Bama had one, they wouldn't even talk about it. No one gives a fuck about the Sugar Bowl unless it's the title game. The payout is the same win or lose and most of their recruits have already given verbals. This game isn't going to matter.

This doesn't help Utah's recruiting. Players want to go to the school that gives them the best opportunity to become an NFL player. Utah produces one decent player a decade, SEC schools produce 2-3 a year, and USC has a whole roster of future stars.

It's not about one bowl game or one season where the stars align. This is survival of the fittest. There's only so much sunlight in the jungle and the SEC has already built the canopy. Fight all you want you little vines and fungi. Don't give up.. because every 50 years one of our trees will fall and you can live off their decay for a while. But rest assured.. that opening will be refilled by another Giant, not by you.

Name the last big time In-State prospect to go to any of the Mountain West schools? I'm waiting.. Probably Daniel Coates who went to BYU. Havili bounced to USC. Ngata went Oregon.

Utah has landed the last 2 Mr. Football Utah players. Of course, that award has been meaningless for the most part.

Scalley was good
Bo Nagahi was average at best
Steve Tate was average, and he even committed to Utah State originally
Kyle Brady was garbage
Sausan Shakerin has potential and great size. Had an LSU offer(not full ride) but took Utah
"Boo" Anderson is garbage. I watched 2 of his games this year. He didn't get an offer from anyone east or south of SLC. He picked Utah over powers Oregon State, Washington and Washington State, none of which officially offered him a scholarship. LOL


Lets get real. Until we have a playoff system or until Utah get a real conference, we'll never know. I'm pissed about losing the bets, I'm more pissed about having to listen to Ute Fan.. But I'm most pissed that Alabama couldn't just fucking win the game. Honestly, put on your big boy pants and play like an SEC school instead of like whiney ass bitches. I really want to stab Andre Smith.

Watched half the game with Schwarz, Maxfield, Salazar and Traugott. Left around halftime and went to Iggy's to watch 2nd half with Cam, Mindy and Sara. I love those chicks.

I'm down close to 500 by the time I pay my tabs. Good thing I'm picking up these weekend shifts. I would have blown the money at the strip club anyways so this is probably a better investment.

3 comments:

Voice said...

All this coming from a guy who picked his team because of film watching while in high school. Talk about big boy pants, go to college and find a real alliance to a school that has to fight for every recruit and still competes with the "big boys". You are right, "ute fan" will come out and we will have our band wagon riders and I welcome them to enjoy the ride. We have won more BCS games than most BCS schools. Shut your pie hole you sore loser and pay up.

As an add, please stop driving drunk.

Unknown said...

Alabama could have at least showed up for the game & they could have brought their offensive line.

They could have gotten some sort of a wake up call before the 2nd quarter was 1/2 over.

I think Utah should schedule Big 12 & SEC teams for their early season games. Then we'd see if they're undefeated at the end of the season.

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes.

Dude, I concur with Adam on one thing, you have to quit drinking & driving.

G said...

they're almost right about drinking and driving. just don't drink and drive and blog about it, i'm tired of reading the comments about the shit more than the event itself. or if you want some comment drama, keep it coming i guess.