One roll had crap and shrimp temura on the inside, with some avacado.. with yellow fin tuna around the outside. It was on it's side with a healthy pile of barbecued scallop pieces stacked on top. The sauce was legendary as well.
I'm a lucky man.
That just capped what has been a pretty good day. We finished a very successful January at work, even though the economy has the faint smell of a dead hippo.
Ah.. back on task.
I was supposed to approach 5 strangers today and make smalltalk. Those of you who know me realize this isn't very difficult of a task, and that's probably why it's Day 1.
Stranger 1: Maverick this morning. I walk in and go to grab a chocolate milk. I see a late 60s year old woman getting some eggs. I ask her if I should get regular milk or chocolate. She asks what I fee like. I say "I feel like buying a midget prostitute for half off."
She almost smiles, and tells me to get chocolate milk.
Stranger 2: My job requires me to speak with many people I've never met, so I don't count it. But today I went out of my way to talk to a driver who looked lost. I was walking through the Grille area and this young black kid was quite confused. He was looking at me like he wanted to talk so I went over to him. I was wearing a tie so I guess he figured I knew what I was doing HAHA! He had a bunch of questions about our lease program and stuff. I probably shouldn't count this one but I'm going to because it was difficult for me.
Stranger 3: Lunch time, went to Cafe Rio. I was there with Rees and Holm. I paid first and went to find somewhere to sit. I saw a guy sitting by himself at a table with 3 seats. I sat next to him and said "Mind if we join you?" He got up and left. hrm... Opened up enough seats for us so it worked out.
Stranger 4: Ryan had to use my car after work, so I had Jimmy K give me a ride downtown to where his drug class is. I walked in about 30 minutes early and just sat on a couch. There was a very attractive Asian girl sitting in a comfy chair. I asked if she came here often. She said she was waiting for her class to start at 7. I said "what are you in for?" and she said pills. She asked me the same and I said "Never done drugs, I think they're horrible and for weak people." I tried to say it laughing but I don't think she caught the humor. Shortly after, P texted me and said I could take the car without him so I left. I don't do Azns anyways.
Stranger 5 was as I pulled into the house. I was debating going to the gym, partially to run this sushi off and also because I was lacking a 5th stranger. As I was getting my mail some guy was walking his dogs. He had a way cool poop scooper and was working diligently to pick up some doggy droppings that lacked the fiber to hold themselves together. I just said "Ain't that the shits.." and walked towards him and my front door. He laughed and said "Ya.. they're the wife's dogs. I hate them." I said "I hope I'm so lucky some day."
I really let myself down today in this test. I feel like I should go get 5 more people right now.
Luckily for me, Day 2s task is just that. I'm supposed to talk to 5 more strangers, this time focusing on eye contact. I'm going to up the ante and make sure I learn their names.
Day 2s questionaire:
1. What 3 accomplishments would you like to achieve to make you happier?
A) Make $50k more a year than I do currently, and spend it on travel
B) Go back to school and finish my degree, preferably in Poli-Sci
C) Lose 30 pounds and keep it off, increasing my overall shape/appearance
2. What are the reasons these accomplishments will make you happier?
A) I don't feel like what I'm doing professionally is validated without a degree
B) I want to see the world and never have to say no to someone I love
C) I want to look on the outside like I feel on the inside
3. What is your personal Mission?
I will become Husband and Father (maximum 4 words)
who will Provide for my family (maximum 4 words)
within Five days/months/years
4. List three specific results that will let you know that you've accomplished your mission.
A) I will have Purchased my dream home
B) I will have Lost 30 pounds
C) I will have Married my wife
5. Why are you now fully committed to pursuing your personal mission?
Because if I don't pursue it now, I will continue to suffer over the next years and
A) My Happiness (element/quality of life) will decrease/get worse/fail.
B) My Self-Image (element/quality of life) will decrease/get worse/fail.
C) My Chances to Succeed (element/quality of life) will decrease/get worse/fail.
Ya.. so that's today's lesson. I'm listening to a mix of my more sappy tunes and trying to unwind from the day. I keep getting daily teases that tell me Cyndi is moving back. If she's not coming back to be with me I'd rather she stay a few states away, for my sanity.
4 comments:
Decent day one work. Little confused on why you felt the need to insult all the new strangers.
Sandcastles in the saaaaaaaand
Tomorrow you have to act like you care whether the strangers are alive or not.
I know that you don't, but there in lies the challenge.
So funny and awesome! I need to live through you for this...don't let me down.
Post a Comment