Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tacos and Cheesecake

random combo.. even more random way it came about.

My friend from HS, Nick, is in town for the week, crashing at my place. We've been doing nothing but playing PS3 and watching NFL Combine footage. It's awesome.

But last night I decided to put a dinner together. Invited everyone and their mother.. only a few peeps showed up. Most importantly was KimberLee, on her first trip to Coyle Manor.
Things went great. Started cooking around 7, made up a huge batch of taco meat and some fresh quacomole. We've about got our recipe perfected. Kim was a big help, gutting avacados and providing humor for the group. She has an amazing knack for just destroying poor Rafe.
She can really hold her own, even outnumbered 5:1 by some of the crudest guys around.

Of course.. my asshole friends all decided to bring up every horrible story they could about me, and put extra emphasis on the fact that 90% of the time I never put any more clothing on than board shorts and a T-shirt, tucked into my underwear.
I think it's genius to do the undie tuck. It keeps my buttcrack from showing and makes me feel more secure in my manhood.

KimberLee made cheesecake. She's a decent cook, not very patient though. Instead of letting it set up for even a second.. we threw it in the freezer and she had her piece after about 10 minutes.
The rest of us made fun of her and let it set for another hour or so before having any. It was pretty good and surprisingly easy. I think I may start making a cheesecake or two.
She's going to be out of commission all week and weekend, with other previous commitments from before we met.

Things are going awesome for a 10 days in. This weekend should be awesome, I'm eating at home all week so my beer budget will be high.. plus I've heard that more than one of my friends who is normally on lockdown has a weekend pass. It could get legendary.

3 comments:

Voice said...

Hmm. JMC dating someone who lacks patience. How ironic.

bgmerrell said...

Glad things appear to be going well. Let's us 4 do something sometime.

I also found a place for you to buy clothes: http://www.radicaljack.com/index.html

Elena Loo said...

I love cheesecake. congrats on the good 10 day run!