Monday, February 23, 2009

How long does Hamburger Helper stay good?

K.. sorry for the lack of weekend updates. I'm going to be late for work to make sure I get this done. I was going to do it yesterday and forgot.
Friday: 
Came home right after work. P Volk was supposed to pick me up around 7 so we could go to Lumpy's.. but by the time 8 rolled around and KimberLee was ready.. I started to panic. I tried calling Rafe, who wasn't even close to ready. Finally I had to call Ryan and make him come from work to get me and be our ride.
We pick up Kim and head to Keys on Main. That place is awesome if you take a date.. horrible if you go alone. I was curious to see how things would go.. our first public interaction since meeting last weekend.  Multiple times she was hit on by guys and told them she was with me. She'd disappear for extended periods of time and then come back.. just before I lost my mind and went looking for her.
I guess that's how it's supposed to be, minus me freaking out. I'm working on it. I didn't drink at all and I still had a great time. Ultimately I'd love to go back to not drinking and still enjoying myself. Hopefully she'll help with that.  Rafe and Pat got pretty toasty. Will was there also and was supposed to be set up on a date but that didn't pan out. Patrick wanted to fight the piano players and was calling them "song terrorists" for playing stupid songs to get more money from us.
At some point Kim(Pat's) went to the bathroom with KimberLee. I guess they had that girl talk I hear about and I came up. I got great reviews from both sides and Kim came back to tell me that my chica was definitely interested. I was given this information as she was sitting on my lap singing to me in the other ear.. so I had a decent idea.
After the bar we went to Denny's, where Rafe tried hitting on high school chicks while their boyfriends looked on. KimberLee is amazingly witty, and was on full attack mode against everything Rafe said. She's a keeper.
My family came out Saturday. I didn't go out. Texted all day with the chica and she considered coming over.. but I didn't push it and it just didn't happen. Last night my friend from HS, Nick, came into town. He'll be here all week, which means I'll be doing nothing but NFL Draft prep and playing playstation!  Well.. unless KimberLee wants to hang out. Then he can go get a hotel.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Life is good.

"Sitting on lap, singing in ear"

That could be bad for your hearing. LOL