Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day 3 finally!

The above chart is the current dispersement of John Coyle's in the United States. Frightening.
I also saw a Meg Coyle today. Man I hate when decent looking chicks have my last name and aren't my wife.

Although I'm certain most people didn't notice, today was an unshowered and unshaven day for me.
I didn't make mention of the lack of toothbrushing, but that was also a requirement. I just kept my distance!

I also had to call random numbers until I got 3 movie recommendations. This was easy and done by lunch. 
I accomplished this last time by taking numbers I dial for work reasons, such as calling trucks to set up swaps or whatever. Then after that, I just call right back and change the final number and ask for movie recommendations.

Seemed to work great last time, and after a couple no answers and one person who didn't speak English.. I got my recommendations. Not in that order. I don't remember exactly how it went but it was pretty lame. 
Slumdog Millionaire was mentioned in the first two recommendations. I asked if it was just a movie about dancing, which is all I've seen.. they mentioned it was not and that it's really good. Ya.. so was Brokeback Montain, which I actually purchased for Kayla and watched. Man that was worth it. I'd have watched gay sex every night for that action.

The other movie mentioned was He's Just Not That Into You. Panface and Heather with the giant fake ones at Lumpy's both mentioned it was good, and I even said I'd go watch it with Heather. We'll see if that happens. 

ANYWAYS.. I'm back. So Rafe started at work today. I love the kid. He wore an awesome sportcoat. We went to DI tonight and picked up some slacks for him. All of his clothes are in Grand Junction, and most of the ones he has aren't work acceptable anyways.  Not that anything I wear ever is.
Started cooking at home again today. If you guys have any recipes you recommend please share. Kim, I need your shephard's pie recipe! yum! Rafe and I, and probably Toddy, are going to start doing bachelor dinners most nights. Nothing picks up chicks like that. I just hope they'll go away after we eat.

This post is kinda long so I'm betting half of you won't read this but.. I got some action tonight. Nothing incredible, mainly my fault. New chick I've been talking to for a while. She's way cool, we've hung out a few times. I dunno. I was kind of an asshole to her and didn't pay much attention.. my phone broke and I was way upset about it. I don't do casual very well. When I go for something it's all or nothing. Neither seem like the right option right now, so I show indifference.  Plus, she wanted to show up at like 9pm in the middle of my planned Tuesday TiVo session. I'm not much fun to hang with while watching Good Eats and a bunch of sports shows. What a fucker I am. She's got a great rack and is a good kisser though, we'll see. 

I'm definitely not over the blondes yet. Everything still makes me think about them. I think partially because I want to return to John Coyle, circa 2005, so bad. I used to be awesome, and everything that's changed since then is something I'm rebeling against right now.
Well, except my increase in chest hair. I support that change.

Day 4 is pretty easy. I'm supposed to shower and shave (yay)
I'm also supposed to approach 3 women, and get at least one recommendation on a clothing store to shop at. If I don't get it in the first 3 approaches, I'm supposed to keep approaching til I get a recomendation.
wee!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm headed north to be the first in Montana. It may be MY calling.

Shar has been typing up recipes.
Cooking is a great way to attract peeps who like to eat a lot.

I had a lady on the bus tell me that Slumdog was great & is about "How to be a Millionaire in India". idk

Sounds like you need to be in search of a blonde that will make you forget the others.

After a fashion, all hair color comes from a bottle, anyway.

Voice said...

Why not take a night cooking class?

Anonymous said...

ummm...I noticed.

bgmerrell said...

I kinda liked John circa 1999-2001. The days of EverQuest and Atriarch. I'm totally gonna ruin any street cred you may have if you let me keep commenting on your blog.

Eyeke said...

I believe that my late teens early 20s escapades are well documented with most of my friends, from sending April home so I could play EQ, to drinking my own urine from a 2 liter bottle.

Most people don't know about when you came to school to visit me and lived on oranges that I smuggled from the Junction.

Anonymous said...

Not sure you want a girl who eats alot but its your call. I have a recipe for you:

Cup of Noodles:
Pour two cups of water into a Micro Wave safe container. Bring water to a boil. Place hot water in Cup o Noodles. Wait about three min. Place in fancy bowl. Tell chick its your home made noodles and Vegetables.


AH

Elena Loo said...

Great easy recipe for a white fish lover:

2-4 talapia fillets thawed
a handful of ritz crackers
1/4 cup Italian seasoning
3/4 cup parmasean cheese
1/4 - 1/2tsp salt and pepper
1/4 cup lemon juice
and some Ex virgin olive oil (evoo)

in one bowl, mix cheese, seasoning, and crunched up ritz crackers
in another bowl put in the lemon juice (or fresh squeezed lemons)

In a pan - poor some EVOO. Take fillets and dip in lemon juice, then in the seasoning mix. Cover both sides with the seasoning and place in pan.
You can put some EVOO over the covered fillets afterward as well.

Bake uncovered, in oven at 350 for about 20 min. Add more parmesean if desired.

Awesome with angel hair pasta and steamed zucc. and yellow squash for veggies.

P.S. I miss the pre Kayla John as well. When will he come back?

Anonymous said...

Shepherd Pie Recipe:
1 lb. ground beef
1 can green beans
1 small cans tomato sauce
instant potatoes + ingredients to make
shredded cheddar cheese

Brown ground beef in large skillet and add green beans and tomato sauce; cook until heated through. Make 4 servings of instant potatoes and spread on top. Sprinke about 1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheese and cover. Cook on low until cheese is melted.

KK