Friday, March 6, 2009

Forgive and Forget..

That's what I'm working on tonight.

Went to dinner. We were supposed to meet at 7. I had all my friends here and ready by 6:30. we were at Olive Garden by 6:45. I had been in contact with Kim all day and she was still on track. By the time 7:40 rolled around and no Kim.. I started getting upset.
Whatever.. she showed up and we did dinner. she was being nice. We kinda held hands a little at the table.. everyone had fun. She had a few girls there and my friends picked up on them.. Whatever, it was healthy and fun.
I started having a downswing about the end of dinner. She was texting more and more people.. guys mainly. I wasn't horrible concerned but something didn't feel right. We went to her friend's house to get a few drinks in us, and that's where it came undone.

We were supposed to be at Green Street by 9. Steenburg, Kylee, and Will were all meeting us there. At 9:45, Steenburg finally texts me wondering where I am. This is the first and last time he will ever beat me anywhere to an appointment. I'm horrified and embarrassed about it.

Granted, I know that we aren't a couple. But I felt like the situation dictated that this was her birthday, and I was her birthday date. I believe the rules for this are as follows:
1. Buy the majority of her drinks
2. Dance with her when she wants to dance. Don't get upset if she dances with other people
3. Make sure she gets home safe and has a good time

By the time we get to the club.. I'm worn out. I should have gone home. While waiting in line, somehow the girls get away from us and get in first. Before the guys can get checked in.. the girls have disappeared. I finally get in and go upstairs to find KimberLee enjoying a drink with some guy. No biggie I say.. and I go to find my friends. I shoot her a text and tell her where we are.
She comes over 20 minutes later and doesn't even talk to me. She goofed around and talked to my friends.. and left. About 10 minutes later, Rafe and I go upstairs to either dance or find her. I walk into the dance area and she's grinding on some guy.

I walk by and go order a drink. Rafe tries to tell me that it's not a big deal.. then he looks again and says "ya.. that's pretty bad." At this point I start to panic. This goes on for about 2 hours, before I finally give her the keys to her car and give up.

Once I finally gave up, she started putting a little bit of effort in. She saw Rafe and I picking up on these two beautiful skater looking girls.. and immediately tried to come cockblock. Jeffrey was there to stop her, and jumped right between her and me. I saw it, but the girls didn't. Atta wingman Jeffrey! One of the girls had a tattoo of David Bowie on her shoulder. It's awesome.
I gave KimberLee about 10 more tries. I'd go kinda by where she was.. talk to some people and wait for her to come by. She'd come by, dance for 2 seconds and bail to another dude. I finally texted her and said "I don't deserve to be treated like this. I know we're not together but I still deserve a little respect."

She didn't respond. We left about 12:45. Of course, in the process I deleted her number. I don't know it at all and that's a good thing. She's texted me a few times trying to guilt me for leaving her, potentially unsafe. My reply was simply "I'm not doing this. You proved your point. You don't want a boyfriend. I wish I would have listened before you had to act like this. I hope you made some new friends."
Her only reply was that she was going to bed and to text her tomorrow. I told her that I'd never text her again, and that if she was ready to put some effort in, she knew where to find me.

I'm guessing when she sobers up she'll realize she was rude. I'm not saying she'll apologize, or even think it was a mistake, but something in me says she has to realize it was rude. I would have been fine with her dancing on every guy in the place, as long as she came home to me between dances. no such luck.

Way tired. Going to bed. This blog was harder to write than you think. I was really hoping to report some good news, and I know you were ready to read some. I'm proud of my friends for their nice work. I'm sorry I let you all down again.

1 comment:

Telina said...

I sure am proud of you for sticking up for yourself! But I am sorry you didn't have as much fun as you should have. I miss dancing.