So..
pretty lame life really. Lets see.
I really need to get motivated at work again. I need a new project, something new to fix, that I can actually control. Maybe I'll start doing community service or get a second job to occupy my mind. I'd love to get a job with the Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control and someday turn it into a career. Inventory management is my real talent.
Monday: Went back to work and hated every second of it. Parts of my job are so taxing, and after putting them off for a full week I'd rather die than try to dig out of the hole I was in. But I just got after it. Ryan's been dating those stripper girls from the bowling pictures, I think he's getting fairly serious with Robyn, the one with the boobs. She's a cool chick, pretty clean other than she smokes, but so does he. She's been over pretty much all week.
Tuesday: Finally talked to KimberLee a little after our Vegas issues. Things still sucked but we were cordial. She had my handsoap that I bought like a month ago and left in her car, so I wanted it back. Probably just a lame excuse to see her.. so I made plans to see her Wednesday night.
Wednesday: Mom got back into town from China! she brought back some awesome stuff, I got a cool soldier stamp with my name on it. I stamped a ton of stuff at work with it. She brought me some candy too, it was pretty yucky. She said the food was horrible. Guess I won't try to move their to work for England China, huh?
I also helped Cassandra, KimberLee's friend.. with her resume and got her an interview at England. She's a smart girl and has a degree, but she's kinda ditzy. Whatevs. She's really pretty and wouldn't be bad to look at all day. I'd never date her though. I was supposed to see KimberLee, but she started playing games. I finally took the car to Ryan at 9pm and then KimberLee said I could come over. Gah.. so annoying. I started texting with a new chick too. A girl I've had interest in for a while but never made a move on.. set me up on a date with her sister, who she says is younger, hotter and has less baggage. win win win. I'm taking her to the Jazz game tomorrow.
Oh ya, that reminds me.. No Jazz game ticket contest. Sorry.
Thursday: I finally saw KimberLee. Got my soap back and whatnot. She's losing her job at the end of the month and needs to start looking for another one. I told her I'd help her, but all we ended up doing was goofing around in her room and looking at her scrapbooks. Stuff went okay until for some reason she brought "us" up and I flipped out. I ended up going home after fighting for an hour. Getting so old.
Friday: Holm's bday was Friday, and Megan threw him a surprise party. It was a good time and his buddies from Omaha came out. We played some drinking games and had amazing food. Megan is a great cook, as I've mentioned before. It was good to see everyone and I tried hard not to be stressed. KimberLee was supposed to go with me and didn't back out until about an hour before I headed over. Probably best that she didn't go. Stuff got pretty wild towards the end of the night and what happens at Holm's stays at Holm's.. but she wouldn't have approved. I texted with Holly, my blind date, most of the night too. She's amazing.
Saturday: I worked for a few hours in the morning and got some stuff done. By this point I was really hoping to never talk to KimberLee again, of course she texted me just as I was getting off and we went to lunch. She toyed with the idea of us hanging out all day, but then decided to go to her sister's at the last minute. I went to Lumpy's and had a good time with Holm, his buddies, the Tronruds and Will. Girl situation was pretty lame. Panface dropped by for a bit and said hi. She went out of her way to tell me that she broke up with her boyfriend, but she was there with some guy and bailed after snagging one free drink from the bar. KimberLee texted me about 10pm and asked where I was. She hates Lumpy's so she wouldn't come down. I put a huge guilt trip on her and basically told her if she didn't come out that I'd never talk to her again. So far that's been true.
Sunday: Washed laundry, cleaned house.. watched some basketball. Pretty boring really. My nose really hurts. I'm trying to get motivation to do my Mock Draft. Maybe I'll start it and just save it in drafts, then I can work on it as I have time. I cooked dinner here tonight, and I'm really tightening down on going out. I've cranked my 401k contribution up and also started direct depositing money in my mom's savings account before I ever see it. I've cut about 2k a month from my budget in an attempt to get some savings built up and protect myself from this shitty economy.
I don't mind staying home. In fact if you know me.. you know that I do everything I can to avoid using any energy and I avoid the sun at all costs. It's just pretty lonely. I'm built to be a fine tuned married man machine, with a nightly tv sitcom schedule and a list of chores, Ryan's just a horrible wife.
I'm going to finally listen to my mom and well.. basically everyone else, and go get on some medicine. At least go talk to someone. I used to be able to talk to April and she made everything okay, but I don't think her husband would appreciate 2am phone calls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
...and I called you. How could you leave out what must have been the highlight of your week?
I need a hobby too. I am damn bored all the time. And it's okay to be a husband home machine or whatever you called it.
I actually would rather watch tv, clean and cook. play games at home than go out at a bar ANY DAY! My husband likes to have a good time, so it can be hard to compromise. We should actually talk sometime...I could be good medicine and I myself need some good medicine
Post a Comment